August Monthly Prayer Guide
The CityChurch Network publishes this monthly regional prayer guide to coordinate united prayer in Arkansas as a resource for Leader Prayer Groups and concerted prayer. Please partner with us in prayer for Arkansas by taking time to pray through this passage and apply it to the areas of need in your life and community. Feel free to print and distribute this prayer guide as needed.
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. – Philippians 1:9-11
Lord, let this prayer be true of us, our families, and our communities. We approach Your throne with confidence asking…
… That our love would abound still more and more…
- In our personal relationship with Jesus.
- In our families and friendships.
- Between the churches in our city.
… That our schools would be filled with truth.
- Align our classrooms with Your Word.
- Give our teachers discernment to care for each student.
- May our schools be positive learning environments.
… That our students would approve what is excellent.
- Raise up young leaders who set an example in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.
- Use the teaching that they receive draw them to You.
- Guard them against the destructive ideologies of the age.
… That our students would be filled with the fruit of righteousness.
- Raise up a prayer movement on school campuses that would draw many students to You this year.
- Help our students to be salt and light in the world.
- Show us how to empower our students to grow in truth and love.
… That you would revive us!
- Pour out your spirit on every school campus in our city.
- Pour out your spirit on every youth ministry in our churches.
- Capture the next generation with your abounding love.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!