The prayer of the apostle Paul in Colossians 1: 9-12 is not only our prayer for CityChurch Network Team but for the whole Church in Central Arkansas in the coming year.
9And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.Colossians 1:9-12
As leaders in our families, churches, and the community, we pray our increasing knowledge of the way of Christ will lead to an increase in fruitfulness, and through the power of the Spirit we might be strengthened to persevere with joy, giving thanks to the Father.
In the coming year, God has called CityChurch Network to be a part of the answer to this prayer through uniting churches in extraordinary prayer, equipping church leaders to train their own leaders in intentional and effective ways to establish people in the faith, and encouraging each church to use their unique gifts and resources in a coordinated way to have a greater collective impact in responding to the most pressing needs in our community.
Extraordinary Prayer in 2022
- 25th Annual Prayer Summit and Prayer Lunches for Pastors and Ministry Leaders
- Increase the number of churches working together to cover Arkansas in church-based 24/7 prayer.
- Quarterly One Voice City-wide Nights of Prayer
Trained Leaders in 2022
- New Antioch School Leadership Cohorts
- New Executive Education Cohorts for Senior Church Leaders and Marketplace Leaders
- A multi-church Race Under Grace Experience with on going support for churches continuing the journey.
Collective Impact in 2022
- Serve the Rock on April 2 – Save the Date and look for more information soon.
- Advance Vital Families in Schools (VFS) partnerships through increased student mentoring and through the launch of VFS Family-to-Family Connection Dinners to grow relationships between church families and school families.
- Provide monthly Church Marriage Champion Gatherings and quarterly Church Marriage Ministry workshops
Jesus Christ is our greatest hope and since the Church-the Body of Christ— is his grand strategy for accomplishing his purposes, the united church is our greatest hope for real community transformation. Working together we can bring real change in the coming year