Download this Prayer Guide as a PDF
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. – Psalm 46:1-7
We as Arkansans are grieving over the catastrophic loss suffered by so many in our cities. Let us come together in prayer and seek God as our refuge and strength in the midst of trouble. We’ve created a prayer guide (click below) with ways to pray for our families, first responders, churches, and relief agencies. Revive us again, Lord!
Lord, let this prayer be true of us, our families, and our communities. We approach Your throne with confidence asking…
… For your very present help for every family affected by this disaster.
- May every survivor be quickly accounted for and every injury quickly treated.
- Comfort those suffering loss, distress, and displacement, especially the vulnerable members of our community.
- Heal our brokenness and provide practical solutions for what has been damaged and destroyed.
… That our first responders would be safe and effective.
- Give them wisdom as they assess the damage and coordinate rapid relief efforts and restore critical infrastructure.
- Supply every need for our recovery teams and shelters.
- Watch over their physical, mental, and spiritual needs and protect them from exhaustion and injury.
… That our churches and relief agencies would be a shining light.
- Bring us together to maximize relief in this great time of need.
- Help us demonstrate the compassion and hope of Jesus effectively as we provide care and treatment.
- Keep every volunteer safe and give them strength as the recovery process continues.
… That you would revive us again!
- Be our refuge and our fortress.
- Give us beauty for ashes, joy for mourning, and a garment of praise for heaviness. (Isaiah 61:3)
- Draw many to the saving hope of Jesus Christ.
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!